Friday, November 12, 2010

Yummy Field Tote

I am missing my longarm!! I call her Suziebell! She is so dependable and does such a wonderful job! Textiles! the best life!!
I miss my grandkids. These are 3 gals of my daughters. I can hear them giggle!! Such a great time in their lives, safe growing up and happy kids!
My projects lately is a shopping bag or market bag pattern by Amy Butler...it is easy and fun to make and huge!! Just like that!
The Field Tote pattern by Amy Butler is also awesome. I think I like it best so far. The binding makes it all come together. You can add a top zipper but so far I like the open one. I used a double quilted fabric I found on sale at my LQS for 10$ a yard! I won't rub it in. I have 3 more cut out to sew up tonight and tomorrow with cotton fabric that I am lining with iron on interfacing and then fleece also to give it plenty of body. I will add those pics when I am done.
I did get my two kits in the mail...for quilting...so that is my goal, to get s few more totes done, then get back to my first love in quilting...I have the 2nd hand clothes one to do in browns and pinks and then the one that was in McCalls 2010 March and April where you embellish the doll dresses on the panel with lace, etc...that should be loads of fun. But I want to have my tote experience all packed under our RV storage area under our bed and then get the quilts started atleast before we head back to our cabin..... From your Quilting Friend...with threads attached!! Kari

No comments: