Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A Day Off


A Day off never hurt anyone! My hub came to his 61st year now! How can that be since we started dating when we were 15! He got his drivers' license the 2nd day he was over 16. Growing up on a farm he had been driving tractors and such since he was 7. Talented man, don't get me started!

I am sharing a few pictures of our cabin back home that he built us...we spent over 7 years getting it to this point, a little bit to do yet in a bathroom upstairs, but it is over 4500 square feet and I am thinking Seriously....Quilt Retreats!!...
We are near the Amish and they have quilting and scrapbooking groups that come to Shipshiwana Indiana and that is only 50 minutes from our place and an easy, beautiful drive there. So, we have just 12 more days and we start home....then we have tons to do and even things to get in SC yet to bring to our cabin....but, we can surely stretch our legs! But,it has been a great time and in this economy and uncertainty we never know when we might be able to travel and explore like this again. I missed seeing the Dear Jane Quilt at the Bennington Museum...it was only on display from Labor Day till mid Oct. I could have gone over if I had known!...so I found a little picture of it on the internet..it does not do the 2000 plus pieced quilt justice, but just look up Dear Jane on tne net and you will find us enthusiasts!! Totally Blessed! quilted here! kari

No comments: