Friday, November 26, 2010

Rest?

Is there rest if you love to sew? There is always a project that you are imagining doing or you see something that you KNOW you can make yourself! The bumper sticker: the one with the most fabric WINS!
I was blessed to be born into a family that had a history of tailoring, shoe cobbler, and house/barn painting and furniture refinishing. How blessed in that heritage. That is probably why my Mother taught me to sew my first project at age 4. It was a hotpad with God is Love on it. A little bird. And she would not let me go through the thickness to the back. I had to learn to go between the back and front with my backstitch design. I have it somewhere in my nostalgia. I really need to frame it. I remember her soft hands helping me with my needle. You know, as Moms, Wives and Grams we model Christ in so many ways, or we can model Christ...when things come into our lives to show others by our actions, our humility in repentance or acts of kindness when others are unlovely...on and on we can model our Lord. I am so glad for the people in my life growing up. So blessed.
As my hub worked I would sew. I made quite a pile of things! I can't believe it looking at the pile but it was one day at a time! 29 totes, 11 quilt tops, 1 1800 Repro dress, and 3 little girls dresses in 3 months. And all our travels mixed in between. A 40 year Marriage Celebration!!
We enjoyed walking on beaches, looking out over mountain ranges, museums, history,liberty and the history of our land spreading out all over this area of our Land.
Please look up The Lighthouse by Longfellow...look at the history of Fort Mitchell....the War of 1812...Ft Tichondaroga...Plymouth...Braintree...Quincy....Boston...on and on!! Nope, not time to Rest....time to travel back to our wonderful cabin built for a B&B and see what God has for us to complete there...for Him. Quilted Seabreezes I will NEVER forget! Love, Kari

1 comment:

Share Knowledges said...

The world 's most beautiful photograph of nature you catch and shared here. It is best place for weekend. You written superb and best quotation on it.
safety eyewash