Saturday, November 6, 2010

The Times Falls Back

Once you get hooked on making totes or bags I think it is something like quilting...you just keep seeing another one that you can whip together!! The Bag Making Bible Book on Amazon...is awesome! I just got mine and is full of pictures that show details of how to put them together. I am visual learner, so it is perfect for this gal!!
I am practicing on these and I am still having issues with making perfectly matching curves on the unit that holds the zipper on the bigger bags. The plaid one was just easy...I enjoyed it...I may make a few of them...they are nice and roomy and still have style. The pattern calls for chains and small round connections, so my wool one will sport "style"...but it is working in the flannel with the matching strap.
The added sewing, in the straps, make them lay flat and looked more finished. I love the bright colors on the black background. I found mine on sale at the Joannes near here and then the larger fabric store in town had the double quilted fabric on a 50% off sale, so needless to say, I bought some at both stores.

One of the kitties the grandgals got us this summer really likes to sit by me when I am sewing. At this moment they are sleeping together on top of their little house i found them at walmart. They are pleasant kitties....Thankyou gals!!... I never thought we would enjoy felines this much. They will be great mousers too back home and the birdies better have some fast wings! They just perk up whenever they hear any chirps outside.

The leaves on the trees are almost gone. It was a glorious fall here and we enjoyed every minute of it. It probably will snow soon in the higher elevations but for now it is usually sunny and a bit chilly during the days. Thanks for stopping by! Quilted Blessings!! Kari

No comments: