Monday, November 22, 2010

A LIttle Bit of This and A Little Bit of THAT!

Yesterday we spent the day driving up to Maine to see the Portland Head Light HOUSE....so worth the time! We stopped in Kinnebunkport on the way, just to be near the Bushs' area...we did not realize we were just a few miles up the beach from their cove...but we had to get to Portland before the museum was closed in the Light House Innkeepers' Home. The Moon came up just before we left. The folks in Maine are so wonderful too we found!!
There were photgraphers everywhere. The museum curator said that it is the most photographed lighthouse. We can agree to that! Even with my phone the pics were awesome!! We learned, again, more about our heritage as a country. Oh, for the day without the "scanner and pat downs" for safety, huh?
We strolled on the beach, even though it was 30 degrees and windy. We found that you can rent a beach house pretty reasonably for a week in the summer in Maine....that would be an awesome plan for our family vacation soooooon!! We all are history buffs and beach bums!!
I was delighted to find vintage pics on Flickr lately and the photographer said I could post them, they won't enlarge but if you want to see them bigger, she has awesome prints online, at sussanadashboard....also she is on my link list under Malphi, she does fantastic aprons and designs...
The familiar kitties that my grandables got us this summer took naps by me as I was working on the grandables dresses a few days ago...our Golden Shi was under the little RV table with her head in my lap!....yes we have enjoyed our stay in New England...but Home is where the heart is....and my sewing and longarm studio!!....Halleleujah!!!
Today I am making aprons for Christmas presents.....then a few totes tomorrow and then a few days of finishing up a few whimsy quilt tops I made in September with appliqued delight!! Thanks for putting up with my here a little and there a little!!!...That is the way it is in my Quilting Life!! Kari

No comments: